After a huge gap of 3 months, Saskatchewan opened its arms for International Skilled Worker – Express Entry sub-category under SINP or Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program. About 600 new applications will be taken under this category intake. Eligible applicants whose profiles are submitted in the Express Entry candidate’s pool will be given a golden opportunity for acquiring provincial nomination certificate which can lead eventually to Canada Permanent Residency Visa.
By acquiring a provincial nomination certificate under this SINP category, applicant can achieve 600 additional points for CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) and then can be selected at any draw from the Express Entry’s candidate pool.
SINP program selects eligible applicants having required skills and experience in order to fill Saskatchewan’s labor market gaps. Kindly note that the applicants to get the nomination certificate must be present in the Express Entry’s candidate pool and is eligible under any of the three federal programs including, Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and the Canadian Experience Class.
Also the SINP Occupation – in-demand list has been updated. Earlier 21 occupations were listed but now the latest SINP occupation list has 17 occupations in it.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must acquire required qualifications to be eligible under SINP International Skilled Worker – Saskatchewan Express Entry sub-category:
- legal status evidence, in case the applicant is living in Canada currently
- Profile has been submitted and accepted in the Express Entry’s candidate pool with having Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code which must be entered in the SINP application
- Must submit language examination report qualifying the express entry requirement mentioned in the profile and conducted through an authorized Institution
- Have acquired minimum 1 year of post-secondary education/training with a degree, diploma, certificate, or a trade certificate equivalent to the Canadian education system
- Have acquired employment experience relevant to the academic or training field under a highly skilled occupation level NOC 0, A, or B present in the SINP in-demand occupations list:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the last 10 years under a skilled profession (non-trades), OR
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a skilled trade in the last 5 years, OR
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Canada in the last 3 years (trades and non-trades)
- Acquire eligibility evidences for Saskatchewan licensure in case the profession is managed in Saskatchewan and requires mandatory certification/licensing
- Acquire a qualification certificate for the skilled trade under the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship & Trade Certification Commission in case the employment experience falls under a skilled trade
- Must have a satisfying settlement funds and a settlement plan
- Must acquire a minimum score of 60 points under SINP point calculator.
To learn more about other provincial nominee programs under Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), click here.
Fill our quick and free visa assessment form to see under which program you are eligible under Canada Immigration with Make Visas.