State Nominated Visa is the most popular visa favor by the overseas immigrants. The major benefit of State Nominated Visas is that you get additional five or ten points towards your overall point score. The State nominated visas comprises of Skilled Sponsored Visa Subclass 190 and Skilled Regional Provisional Visa Subclass 489. Both these categories are points-based visas and come under the General Skilled Migration Program. Therefore, the candidates need to score well on the Australia points system that includes the factors like Age, qualification, work experience, English language proficiency etc. The State nominated visas is the stepping stone for the permanent residency in Australia.
What is State Nominated Visa?
The candidates who own good skills and qualification and have the nomination from the State/Territory Government or sponsorship from relatives living in Australia are likely to apply for this visa program.
Types of State Nominated Visas:
Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
The candidates who have the nomination from the state or territory government of Australia can apply under this visa program. To be eligible to apply for this visa, you need to meet the below-given requirements:
1) The applicant should be less than 55 years of age.
2) You have to meet the health and character requirements.
3) You have to score at least 65 points on the Australian Points calculator that include factors like Age, qualification, work experience, English Language proficiency etc.
4) You have to nominate an occupation from the Short-term Skills Occupation List as per your qualification and experience.
5) You have to get Skills assessment done by the recognized accessing authority.
6) You need to submit the expression of interest (EOI) via online Skills Select.
7) The applicant has to meet the English language proficiency as set by the Australian Department of Immigration.
The processing time for State nominated Visa Subclass 190 varies. The average processing time for 75% of applications is 6 months and for 90% of applications, it is 7 months.
Skilled Regional Provisional Visa Subclass 489
The candidates who have sponsorship from the relatives living in Australia who are permanent residents or citizens are eligible to apply for this visa program. This visa is a gateway to Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887 which provides permanent residency in Australia. To apply, you have to meet the below-given requirements:
1) The applicant should be less than 50 years of age.
2) You must have sponsorship from relatives who are living in specified areas of Australia.
3) You have to meet the health and character requirements.
4) The candidates have to score minimum 65 points on the Australian points calculator.
5) You must receive a positive skills assessment from the approved accessing authority.
6) You have to submit the expression of interest (EOI) via online Skills Select. If selected, you will receive the invitation to apply (ITA) from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. You will have to submit the visa application within 60 days after receiving the Invitation to apply (ITA).
Read: Check out What is Australian Points calculator and how does it work?
1) The average processing time for State Nominated Visa Subclass 489 for 70% of the applications is 6 months and it is eight months for the 90% of applications for GSM category.
2) For the candidates under State Nominated Visa Subclass 489 through State/Territory Government, the average processing time for 70% of the applications is 7 months and 10 months is for the 90% of applications.
Check out: How to find a job in Australia from India?
Benefits of State Nominated Visas
1) You are free to live and work in Australia till your visa period.
2) You will get additional 5 points towards your overall point score if you apply under State Nominated Visa Subclass 190.
3) You will get additional 10 points towards your overall point score if you apply under State Nominated Visa Subclass 489.
4) You have full right to complete your education whether high school, University or Research during your stay.
5) You may sponsor your family members for the PR if they meet the eligibility criteria.
6) You may think of applying for the Australian citizenship after spending the required time and also if you meet the requirements.
7) You are free to travel anywhere in and outside Australia till the time your visa is valid.
If you want to start your start nominated visas, you can directly get in touch with the Make Visas Immigration experts by dialing our official helpline +91-7042184185 or drop your queries on email@example.com.